POSITION – SOLAR ENERGY EXPERT
QUALIFICATION – Bachelor’s degrees that apply to this field might include those in renewable energy, solar technology, systems design and alternative energy.
EXPERIENCE – More than 5 years’ experience in Solar Energy Plant
- Assessing locations to ensure they are suitable for solar panels
- Measuring up areas for installation
- Making adjustments to building surfaces so panels fit and are adequately supported
- Installing and maintaining solar panels on homes, business premises or open land
- Connecting solar panels to an electrical system
- Grounding electrical equipment and checking wiring
- Adhering to strict health and safety guidelines
- Performing maintenance checks and fixing solar panels
- Using a variety of technical equipment and tools
- Test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Perform thermal, stress, or cost reduction analyses for solar systems.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Design or develop vacuum tube collector systems for solar applications.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components.
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Reading blueprints and schematics to place panels correctly
- Cutting, fitting and connecting multiple panels
- Choosing and configuring setup locations