| POSITION – REGISTRAR
|The Registrar is a statutory position in the University and shall be responsible for all operating issues in the areas of academics, administration, human resources management, finance & accounts, marketing and meeting statutory compliance needs with all government bodies. The position carries legal authority in so far as the University activities are concerned. The Registrar is the custodian of all assets and the official seal of the University. The Registrar represents the University on all legal matters and is the person who can sue and be sued on behalf of the University.|
|QUALIFICATION||Master’s degree in management, sciences, arts, student services, educational administration or a related area.|
|EXPERIENCE||· 10 years OR more than 10 of direct experience, or 15 years in a related area.
· Proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment
|SKILL SET||· Demonstrated understanding of the application of modern communication technology.
· A proven record in working successfully with diverse set of people ranging from academicians to administrative staff.
· A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change and guide change in the organization
· Ability to collaborate effectively with different departments and cross-functional teams
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and
· Proven skills of managing project and programme portfolios.
|RESPONSIBILITIES||· Hire, supervise and evaluate the Records and Registration staff
· Organize and administer the academic functions, in order to provide maximum service to students while ensuring efficient and effective workflow.
·Participate and serve as part of the Student Services Team. Lead initiatives as determined by the University.
·Supervise the coordination, evaluation and certification of all graduation applications, while overseeing the complete graduation process to include all elements of the rehearsal and ceremony.
· Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting of student records within UGC guidelines, e.g., grades, registration data, transcripts, mid-term verification, athletic eligibility and other associated audits.
·Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology application in support of enhanced services offered through Registration and Records.
·Develop and administer the departmental budget.
·Research, analysis and resolution of student disputes as they relate to records and registration.
·Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT and counsellors to facilitate and improve services to students, including catalogue and registration/records policy questions.
·Coordinate, control and regulate all activities of administration, human resources, Finance & Accounts and other related matters for efficient functioning of the University.
·Execute and administer the outsourcing contracts for various services of the University.
·Serve as ex-officio member of Academic and Administrative Committees as per the Act.