POSITION – WATER SAVING & REGENERATION EXPERT
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required OR Master’s degree
- Licensed or certified as required.
EXPERIENCE – At least three years of related experience required.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to design safe, efficient, and effective treatment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, computer-aided Design (CAD) software, and other relevant analytical, scientific, or monitoring software.
- Thorough understanding of applicable government environmental and safety regulations.
- Designs systems to safely, efficiently, and effectively treat wastewater, remove harmful substances, and return water to the ecosystem; creates domestic or industrial treatment plants for water or wastewater.
- Reviews and analyzes drainage systems for storm water or floodplains to ensure safety of the ecosystem; designs necessary structures such as bridges to safeguard the area.
- Assesses the need for wastewater treatment systems based on current and projected future residences; conducts feasibility studies for the construction of water treatment facilities in the area.
- Analyzes various wastewater treatment methods used to prepare water for industrial and domestic use; recommends the most effective method.
- Analyzes disposal methods or treatments for sludge; recommends and develops sludge treatment plants or methods to best serve the assigned area.
- Designs layout and specifications for various pumping and lifting systems.
- Reviews and critiques water and wastewater treatment system proposals, plans, and designs.
- Conducts appropriate cost-benefit analyses for assigned projects.
- Collaborates with contractors and government agencies regarding construction of new treatment systems.
- Ensures building, water, and equipment specifications comply with applicable local, state, and federal guidelines and codes.
- Conducts environmental studies regarding the collection, treatment, or distribution of water or wastewater.
- Provides government agencies with technical support and subject matter expertise on water resource and treatment issues.
- Maintains knowledge and subject matter expertise.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.